Amber Academy

Role playing group. Monsters have overrun the planet. Students have been sent to the academy to learn to fight.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Mission 1 - On Campus

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Risa

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - On Campus   Sat May 14, 2011 11:27 pm

At first Vienna made a hurt face at the headmistress' reply but quickly laughed it off. "Well I didn't miss your face either." She retorted playfully with a smirk spread lightly across her lips. The smirk didn't last long though as the topic of her brother surfaced. Expression dropping back to a lingering frown, Vienna shifted her gaze back to the distance. "I suppose..." she started with a short pause, "he'll be alright. After all he is my younger brother." A short, almost proud smile appeared as she said this. One could easily tell she really loved her brother even if she straight out say it. "But still. he's a kid who's barely even lifted a sword before coming here. What if...?" Her level of worry increased as she spoke. In an attempt to try and rid herself of all the negative thoughts she shook her head a couple times.

Welcoming the topic change, Vienna smiled in amusement at Rhea's mimicry of Amos. "Don't you start talking that way too. I'll start confusing you and Amos with the other." Vienna knew how close the two were, it'd be odd if she didn't after all this time. Amos was an interesting character, fun to hang around. She always thought the two would good together though she's never voiced the thought out loud before. "And promising indeed." She answered, "Can't wait to meet them in person. There aren't many of them this year however. Then again... maybe it's like that every year."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://xxshiro-risa.deviantart.com/
Miss Meg
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - On Campus   Sun May 15, 2011 2:02 pm

"Perhaps when we are able to find some time, we can work with your soul magic." He would love to see it in action and learn more about the magic. How much it could actually do. Even though Amos could feel the strain in her voice at the next statement, he couldn't help but to want to try it on other creatures. It was experimental of course. He was a scholar. A magical scientist. A dark magician. All those together led to the fondness for experimentation. Yet is was a dangerous combination.

Amos was silent for a while as she went on about the sin of stealing from animals and humans. When he finally spoke he carried the same tone as always. "Death is always a risk when magic is involved. The mixture of two non compatible elements can lead to the creation of curses. An unfinished spell may end badly. And some light and dark magicians get... carried away sometimes. Magic in a sense is a sin, as people mess with the earth and living things within in." It was something that he didn't really think about often. Amos had no problem with killing, no real morals other than protecting the ones that he loved and to keep others from committing the same mistakes he had.

((Will post Rhea's reply tonight and reply to your PM Brieta. Mom wants me to watch Secretariat with her.))
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theamberacademy.forumotion.com
Brieta

PostSubject: Kachina.   Sun May 15, 2011 6:30 pm

Kachina smiled, she would really love if Amos could work with her unruly magic, all the things she could learn from him, she couldn't wait. She also wanted to see Amos's magic too, she had never even seen any other magic other than her's and Maiara's. She had been fascinated with magic ever since heard of it, always hungering for more knowledge about it. "I would like that." she said. But, at the second thing she said her face fell into a hard frown. She bit her lip. She didn't know how to reply, she didn't know whether Amos was trying to be comforting, accusing, or perhaps even persuading? She simply said, "Death should always be prevented at all cost. Unneeded killing is an atrocious excess that rots our world. Though I understand mistakes."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Miss Meg
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - On Campus   Sun May 15, 2011 7:12 pm

It's over,
No longer,
I feel it growing stronger.
I'll live to die another day

"Most of what the woman had said was written off by Rhea. The headmistress could tell that that woman was messing around with her as she did the same to the woman. The worry in her voice had caused the headmistress to worry a bit, however. Rhea’s tone was softer even now. “If you are really worried about him, then perhaps you should ask Amos about his whereabouts and well being. That man always seems to know what is going on, somehow. But I have faith that the students are fine.” Kind of. Just a little bit ago she was freaking out even more than it seemed Vienna was.

“And you better not confuse me for that magic loving freak.” The statement, although a bit harsh sounding, had good intentions behind it. At the mentioning of a lack of students she frowned slightly. Over the past few years the numbers of students in the academy have been declining. The only reason Rhea could think was fear. While the past headmaster had been able to keep most details of the attack quiet, rumors of what happens did get around. The school was still top notch. It was hard to believe that one single slip-up would have such an impact on the student body. “We take what we are given and train them to be promising. Amber Academy has always done just that. Numbers do not matter. The fighters do.” Although, it would help lessen the amount of requests they had coming. While people no longer sent their youth to the school, they still requested aid from it. “Keep your eyes on what we have. I have a feeling Miss Lesnia will be quite amazing once she gets trained up some.”
    "

Until I fade away.

Back to top Go down
Risa

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - On Campus   Sun May 15, 2011 8:52 pm

Vienna attempted by the head's suggestion for a moment before quickly shaking her head showing her opposition to the idea. "The less I know the better. And I know he'll survive, it's all the injuries that kid will receive that worries me." Sagging her shoulders in surrender, she decided there was nothing she could really do. It was a good thing she didn't yet know about what happened to the rest of Vincent's team. Glancing at the head she knew that the woman was also worrying about the students. She felt bad complaining like she did knowing that it might just add to the worry. "Sometimes this first mission that the new students go on every year feels like it lasts way to long."

A light laugh escaped the chairman's lips at Rhea's response but she speedily became solemn once again when the other frowned. She could tell the headmistress was a bit overwhelmed, not just by the number of students but by all the requests that come in and how they seemed to be increasing a bit. Nothing seemed to balance out and that would probably become a problem in the future. "Rhea, you can always send me out on some of those requests if that'll make things easier for you." She offered, happy to provide her services whenever possible. After all being a chairman wasn't the only thing she could do. Her top skill was killing monsters after all, the students could take care of themselves in her brief absences. Gura are the most headstrong house out there. "Ah, Lesnia. Promising that one is. A leader character to the core." A smirk formed on her lips at the mention of the student. Near the start of the mission she had... spied on Team B for awhile to just observe and saw a lot of potential in Lesnia. The girl took charge almost immediately and steered the team in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://xxshiro-risa.deviantart.com/
Miss Meg
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - On Campus   Fri May 27, 2011 2:40 pm

Amos nodded at the truth in Kachina’s words. “Of course death should be prevented. It is why the beasts had worked so hard at ridding the world of the evil of the demon. It’s unfortunate that it could not be purged completely. A little bit of evil will always reside in people.” In no way was Amos the perfect good guy. The thrill of fighting monsters was a welcomed feeling. The feeling of taking somebody’s life: even better. However, most people were not likely to admit it. It was very rare that the people in the academy had to fight a legitimately bad human. Usually it was sparing with each other. And that was all they needed.

“Miss Kachina” The man continued, “It has gotten a bit dark out. Perhaps we should move inside the school.” The man began leading the way back to the building, not minding if the female was following or not. He had grown a bit hungry after his days of running around getting students situated in their teams, checking up on them, and helping his brother.
Back to top Go down
Miss Meg
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - On Campus   Fri May 27, 2011 2:58 pm

It's over,
No longer,
I feel it growing stronger.
I'll live to die another day

The headmistress rubbed the back of her head in defeat. “It’s okay. There are no missions that require too much attention at the current time. I don’t know. I suppose that I could send you and one of the other chairmen on one if it becomes a great deal.” There was some occasion in which villages would become overcome by monsters. It was the duty of the school to stop that from happening or fend them off if it became too late. The small monster attacks could be handled by some ex-fighters in the villages. Or even a farmer, if they were small enough.

People were just too lazy to fight for themselves, these days.

Rhea placed her hand on the woman’s shoulder once again and smiled. “Honestly though, I wouldn’t be too worried about the injuries any students receive. Amos’ healing potions are not for nothing, ya know. Hopefully, he will take advantage of them when he needs it.” The headmistress rubbed her eyes at the truth of what she said about the length of the mission. “It always does go on for longer than planned, but I suppose it can’t be helped. It helps weed out those who are not yet ready for the school.” And it had been that way for years. Ever since the beginning. When Rhea had been in school, it was her job to fight Oarasin and Aget. Of course, her determination to finish had driven her team a bit over the edge. Time was needed on these missions, especially for beginners. “In truth, the longer it is the better the mission goes.”

Until I fade away.

Back to top Go down
Lizzy

PostSubject: Sophia    Fri May 27, 2011 5:39 pm

I wake up suddenly. "Woah" I think, "How did I manage to make my way here?" I was sitting in a couple of bushes. I brushed the leaves out of my hair. "Hmm, what to do, what to do." I asked myself as my tummy grumbled. "Maybe I shall go find something to eat." I stand up, then sit back down in my bush. "Nah, I'm too lazy right now." I lay myself back down in the bush, that has been flattened by me sleeping on it, and I watch the clouds in the sky.

(ooc: Please excuse my short and somewhat pathetic post. I am just trying to get back into this thing... Feel free to respond. I will try to keep up with any new posts. Now that school has ended I will have more time anyways, so I should be able to do it. Thanks so much!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brieta

PostSubject: Kachina.   Fri May 27, 2011 6:06 pm

Kachina nodded reverently, but wanted to quickly moved away from the depressing conversation so she said, "The only things I've been able to do here is run monster checks, I guess Rhea is in charge, and I haven't anything to do.. Is there anything to do around here?" she asked following Amos's lead. With her latest encounter with Rhea she was sure that she was now somewhat of an enemy to her and therefore she would never give Kachina anything chairmen worthy to do. She'll probably make me garden or something as payback... she thought glumly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Miss Meg
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - On Campus   Fri May 27, 2011 9:22 pm

With the air of the previous conversation gone, Amos had lightened up a little bit, not that it was a noticeable change from how he had been talking with her before. "There are plenty of things for you to do Miss Kachina. When the students get back. Or if there is a dire need, we might need to send you guys off campus for an urgent mission." In a sense, the chairmen were Amber Academy's most needed 'gofers' They would train with the students as well as lead some of the more... needy missions. "Usually, you are able to do whatever you want until something crops up."

The man moved gracefully around the bushes until he finally stopped at one that housed a young looking girl. "Ah. Miss Sophia. I had thought you were out with the students." Using careful hands, he moved the woman out of the bush. "Please don't trample them." Amos wasn't a huge nature fan, but with his use of magic he had learned to respect it... some. "Miss Kachina" he said softly, "Allow me to introduce Miss Sophia."

((Added a poll))
Back to top Go down
Brieta

PostSubject: Kachina.   Sat May 28, 2011 12:04 pm

Kachina felt a little bad for the tree, but didn't voice it, it seemed like no one here took her seriously when she started to act as if the trees were people, she wanted to make a different impression on this other chairmen. "Hello, I'm Kachina, Urim Chairmen. I'm sort of new here." she said with a grin. She stick out her hand to Sofia on the ground, half hand shake, half to help her up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizzy

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - On Campus   Tue May 31, 2011 12:06 pm

"Thanks Amos. I'm really not sure how I go here" She stood up still a little out of it. "Oh, and hello! Yeah, I'm Sophia. Nice to meet you Kachina!" Sophia took Kachina's hand shook it but went into a hug. "So, you are new, huh? How are you liking it? You probably haven't done much with the students still out on their mission." Sophia smiled genuinely hoping to lighten up the mood.

ooc: I'm testing around with different fonts. Don't mind me ;D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brieta

PostSubject: Kachina.   Tue May 31, 2011 6:23 pm

Kachina loved how peppy this chairmen was, particularly after the conversation before. Sofia seemed to be an easy friend, her bright mood caused Kachina to smile widely, "Yeah, I'm new, I'm liking it..." she hesitated, "well.. What house are you chairmen to?" she asked. Desah delicately steamed out of her pouch which had loosened a little since she tightened it, it didn't say anything, a good sign, at the very least it meant it didn't actually hate this peppy chairmen, but then again, who could?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizzy

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - On Campus   Tue May 31, 2011 9:29 pm

"I'm glad!" Sophia bit my lower lip "Oh, right, haha, I'm the chairman for the Mauja house. Oh yeah, go snow leopards and pearls! Woo!" she laughed, but then tried to get a real conversation going. "Gosh, what should we talk about? Hmm.. Pigs? Food? Flowers? We can talk about anything really."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brieta

PostSubject: Kachina.   Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:47 pm

Kachina laughed but it was now the the Mauja chairmen was getting on her nerve, it seemed to get on Desah's too, she feared that if she didn't start talking less than Desah was going to give Sofia an ear full. She slowly steered them back to their course of Amber Academy, for she was growing hungry, "So how did you manage to get on that bush? Seems like a strange place to be." she asked, for she was truly curious but she worried that it would release a barrage of words that would tip Des of the breaking point.

ooc: Where is everybody?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizzy

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - On Campus   Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:16 pm

ooc: I was wondering the same thing!

"Well, I'm not sure how I got here. The last thing I remember was... ya know, now that I think of it, I can't even remember the last thing I was doing." Sophia started to feel a little dizzy "Oh dear, I feel faint. Maybe we should go sit down somewhere, maybe get something to eat." she held one hand on her head and tried to steady herself with the other.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brieta

PostSubject: Kachina.   Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:34 am

Kachina went to Sofia's aid helping the dizzy woman into the building, through the halls and into the cafeteria where a dinner lay warm on a table buffet style. She set the chairmen down on a bench and went over to the food and got a plate, she put some meat skewers onto her plate as well as a roll of bread and some buttered corn on the cob. Kachina set the plate down and looked to Sofia, "What would you like on your plate?" she said getting another from the dish rack.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizzy

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - On Campus   Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:36 pm

They two went into the Cafeteria that was buzzing with chatter. "Aww, Thanks for the help Kachina!" She looked at all the food that was laid out. Everythign smelled delicious. "Just get me something really warm, thanks." She smiled again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brieta

PostSubject: Kachina.   Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:25 pm

Kachina looked over the dinner table and had hardly a clue as what to pick out for Sofia, pretty much everything it seemed was warm. Kachina chose the most common thing the Outlanders tended to eat, pizza. She picked up it's warm cheesiness and put it on the plate and served it steaming to the Mauja chairmen. Kachina sat down across from Sofia and started to eat her food as Des approached the plate. Des didn't eat anything but Des really liked the smell of food, almost gave them the taste of it again, she was surprised that Sofia had not noticed Des and remarked about him yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - On Campus   

Back to top Go down

Mission 1 - On Campus
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2